18 Nov- 22 Nov [NEXT WEEK]

Only 1 more week until that sweet, sweet Thanksgiving break 🙂 [25-29th]. This week we mixed our past/present topic by talking about the FIRST Thanksgiving! We also focused on the letter T and the word Turkey (Truthahn) Next week we will be focusing on how YOU celebrate Thanksgiving. What you eat, who is there, what is being Thankful (dankbar), etc. We will also be doing a few cute Turkey crafts so keep an eye out for those next week 🙂

• Orange Folders! I wasn’t going to send the orange folders home today, but the kiddos really wanted to so they are coming home!  Please let me know if you intend to be absent at any point next week so I can send all the kiddos stuff home on the appropriate day!!
  • Holiday Market!! The Holiday Market is the English track cultural event that the entire school participates in! The event will be on Friday Dec 13th  and our KG class will be doing dessert jars! Please start sending in your 32oz jars ASAP so we can start decorating! I would love at least 20 so that every student can decorate 1 jar. Also, please fill out THIS SURVEY! My idea is that those parents up for the challenge can take home some jars and fill them with their own dessert recipes 🙂 This could be a fun and sweet activity to do with your kiddo! Then send the completed jar back to school so we can get matching labels on all of them and BOOM~ ready for the Holiday Market 🙂
  • Food Drive!! On Wednesday I sent home a flyer in the agenda about the school wide food drive all of next week. If you are able to donate those things please send them in on the appropriate day and they will go to a good cause! Here is a digital copy!
  • Thanksgiving Break!! Don’t forget we have the entire week of the 18th- 22nd off! Don’t show up on Monday because I won’t be here!! Also~ if your kiddo brings in (or you email me) a few pictures from your thanksgiving I would love to let the kiddos share their Holiday experience with the class when we come back! 🙂
  • MobyMax!! There are some new math assignments on Mobymax! We are working on decomposing numbers this unit which is the building blocks of understanding place value. Even if you practice in English the concept can be difficult to wrap their heads around that the 2 in the number 23 actually stands for 20. This is really our ONLY focus in this unit because it really is a HUGE foundation for the rest of their math success. Check out your kiddos grades so far in the math standard: 11-19 decomposing numbers!
  • Martinstag Pictures!! Just a reminder to please, please upload your best Martinstag pictures HERE!! I can submit these pictures to the yearbook and for the newsletter. Since I was working the whole event I have 0 pictures!! 🙁
  • Amazon List!! The list is updated!! Please let F. Christin know ASAP if you purchase something so that she can remove it 🙂

New Vocab from this week: Turkey- der Truthahn    to be thankful for- dankbar für     Pilgrim- Pilger       Cornucopia- Cornucopia      Pumkin- Kurbis    Apple- Apfel      Gramophone- Grammophon        then- damals     today- heute

That’s it from me for this week! Hope y’all have a great weekend!